Preparation Tips for Your First Visit
Ancient Arts Acupuncture is a different kind of healthcare experience. Our riverfront location is a warm, welcoming, healing space where peace and calm embrace each and every patient. We are a stand-alone holistic healing center focused on acupuncture and wellness. Our priority is your individual health and you’ll never feel rushed.
Because each patient’s need is individual, your acupuncture experience begins with a full interview with your practitioner to establish your history and what issues you would like to address and what goals you’d like to achieve.
- We will need to learn a great deal about your current situation and health history. Although a case history will be available to you at the clinic, it is beneficial to fill out the form ahead of time. You may download the form using the link on this page. (see below)
- Wear loose fitting clothes that can be easily rolled up above your elbows and knees. Also, you will need to expose your abdomen from your rib cage to the top of your hips, so avoid one piece suits or dresses.
- For all acupuncture visits, be sure you have eaten at least a light meal within a few hours prior to arriving. Avoid overeating immediately before treatment.
- During the intake, you will be asked many questions, some related specifically to your complaint and others seemingly unrelated. Oriental Medicine requires the entire person be taken into consideration so we can determine what is causing the disease. We treat the whole person, not just the symptom.
- Please bring any information about your case you may have from your doctors, including lab tests, blood work, reports of x-rays or MRI’s, etc.
- For best results, avoid strenuous activity immediately following a treatment.